Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Play time

I thought the bleeding was done but it's not. It's just been collecting into a giant clot that came out early this morning. I took a picture which I will not post comparing it to a cd. The cd is smaller. I feel better at least. Not weak anymore. This morning will be spent trying to expedite my referral for an OBGYN so I can make an appointment. I put in the request yesterday but it takes days to go through.

Yesterday morning we went to N-'s house. They had a good time playing and Bohdin didn't want to leave. We had to because I needed Nyla to take an earlier nap so she would be up in time for her appointment. She had her two year checkup yesterday. Everything is fine. This was my first time with this pediatrician. He was nice but odd. He said she was old enough for time outs but it's too early for potty training. Either he didn't hear me or didn't believe me when I said she uses the potty at home. He later asked about diaper rashes and I told him one would need to wear a diaper for that. Nyla has also been dry at night for quite some time with one exception a few nights ago. She still wears diapers out of habit and the times when she might have those exceptions. The most memorable part of the appointment was not the shot but having her ears checked.

Last night we were reading a book about Saturn. Bohdin asked if I could imagine a marble that was 1000 earths across. He went on to say "It would take a zillion people to hold it up!".

Nyla is done sitting patiently here with me.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that playdough with marbles and gold in it?

Helen said...

It is.

Anonymous said...

Oh yuck Helen. I'd hoped that would have cleared up. I'm so so sorry about that. :( I hope they can get you an appt quickly and figure out what's up.