I'm feeling much better so I was able to take Bohdin and Nyla to the playground for the first time this month. We played hide and seek which both kids thought was fun. Nyla liked one of our hiding spots and was mad when I chose a different one. Bohdin had a hard time finding me and I peeked my head up to see Bohdin and Nyla holding hands walking around looking for me. It was cute. I pulled them back on Bohdin's plasma car. Bohdin got off when we reached the hill and helped me push Nyla up. He wanted to help me so I wouldn't have to do so much work even though I was feeling better. Over the past few weeks he has been really helpful and has been offering to carry things for me "since I'm not all the way better yet". I appreciate the thoughtfulness.
I had my followup appt yesterday with the OBGYN who did the surgery. He was surprised I was looking so well and told me it would be months before I was feeling 100%. I also found out that he was not the OBGYN on call that day. I thought I just lucked out having the head of OBGYN but the ER chief called him in. He said it was the first time he's been called in. He also said that nobody will ever know why or how what happened to me did. I brought up the idea of a case study and he said he would look into it. Buddy thought I was crazy but I think it would be cool to be published as a case study. He sort of dropped the idea of a bleeding disorder since it was retained placenta. I will have to be tested for HIV and hepatitis in a few months because of the blood transfusions.
Our power cord is dead on our computer so I'm at the library. I have very limited time because Nyla is going around trying to make every computer work. I don't think the librarian is pleased.
No comments:
Post a Comment