Sunday, February 6, 2011

Contrary

Cora had a long nap on Friday that extended past lunchtime. While she was napping I made the kids soup. I put the pot on the table so they could serve themselves more if wanted while I checked on Cora. They discovered the side of the pot was a funny mirror. Bohdin could give himself six eyes or a long face. They were laughing so hard. It was the funniest thing we had done all week.



After eating we went to the playground. It was a reasonably nice day and the upcoming forecast was not pretty. Nyla clearly needed to pee before we left but she refused. I told her we would not come back home if she needed to pee or if she peed in her pants. She would have had more fun at the playground if she didn't need to concentrate so hard on the pee not coming out. Many times she would just sit on the ground and will the pee to stay in. She also complained quietly the whole way back about needing to pee. We took the scenic route through the forest. The funny thing was that even when we made it back home she refused to pee for a while. It was probably because I suggested she should go to the bathroom when we stepped inside. She has been particularly contrary lately. This morning she was mad at me for not pouring water into the watercolors. She refused to believe me that wetting a brush would be enough. Then she was mad that she didn't have any cereal in her bowl when she really did. She wouldn't come to the table and confirm that I was right. She has also become like those characters on tv where somebody tries to tell them something but they refuse to let anybody get a word in. The other day she wanted something but couldn't reach it. She complained loudly and almost woke Cora up. I tried to tell her a way for her to get what she wanted but she refused to listen. Every time I attempted to say something she cut me off with a cry and complaint. I had always thought that sort of trait was invented but it's true. I hope this is just a three year old thing.




Bohdin brought his Playmobil catalog to me Friday night and told me he wanted 30 to 40 Playmobil Roman fighters. When I told him the cost of so many he dropped it down to 20 but asked for help paying for it. He has grand plans of a large Roman battle against the Egyptians. I fear for what is next. Will he need an army of Gauls? Huns? Celts?

Cora can scoot forward now.  Of course she is only interested in those things I wish she wouldn't chew.  Books, paintbrush, paper, a large seed are all in her path now.  I'm still dreading babyproofing.  Just a quick glance at the floor her shows me all of the things Nyla or Bohidn have brought into the living room that are off limits.  There are coins, small toys, paper, small game pieces, bark, and a million other things. 


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

anna said...

I love the first picture in this post. Happy happy kids.