Monday, February 28, 2011

Another day another illness

We were supposed to meet somebody at the zoo on Friday but they canceled due to illness.  We ended up going anyway despite the somewhat chilly temperatures.  Since it was a little cold and it was a weekday the zoo was almost deserted.  When we first walked into the building with the fish and reptiles it was all ours.  Eventually a few other families came in.  It was nice to have as much time as wanted at each exhibit.  Once we finished with that building we were all hot.  Nyla wanted to see the elephants but changed her mind right before we arrived.  We continued on anyway and saw the elephants.  The giraffes were feeding indoors but Nyla didn't like the smell.  She said they needed to take a bath.  My guess is she will never be a rancher. 

Saturday, Nyla developed a fever around noon. I suppose that helps explain some of her atrocious behavior from the day before.  She didn't have anything besides a fever and felt better by Sunday.  Nobody else has it yet.  Cora is still dealing with the congestion from her previous sickness but it's much improved.

Cora likes to lay on my belly to sleep and at times I let her.  It's not my favorite position.  Friday morning she was sleeping on my belly.  It was about 90 minutes before I expected her to get up.  All of a sudden she poops.  She wakes up during a diaper change so I thought I would just let her sleep. As I was thinking about this I felt something warm on me.  I reached down and there was poop on me.  I picked Cora up immediately and took her to the floor to change her.  All of the poop that escaped her diaper was on me so the bed was spared.  Unfortunately Cora was now wide awake and we couldn't go back to bed. We took a bath.   If it had just happened once it would have just been a somewhat funny story but she pooped again the next night.  This time the bed was not spared.  She didn't get me at the time but when I picked her up I somehow smeared poop all over myself.    This time it was 2am.  Buddy put her back to sleep once we were cleaned up.  Fortunately no poop last night. 

The last time I posted I said Cora was not even close to getting into a sitting position by herself.  I went to the bathroom on Friday and laid her on the ground.  When I came back she was sitting.  I figured I was just confused about what position I left her in.  Yesterday when I was cleaning the basement I saw her sit up by herself. 

1 comment:

anna said...

Sitting just to show you since you posted she wasn't close :)