It's been a long time since we made ice cream so the other day in honor of learning about Europe we made gelato. Nyla wanted strawberry but Bohdin wanted lemon so we made lemon strawberry. I had difficult getting the motor to spin the paddle so the kids were supposed to take turns mixing with a spoon. I caught them "mixing" with their fingers.
Cora kept it a closely guarded secret but she now has a second tooth. I've only caught a glimpse twice. Normally she covers that area with her tongue. I'm guessing it poked out about a week ago.
When I was making dinner Wednesday night, Bohdin came up from the basement and said he had a difficult question. He wanted to know what other people see. I talked to him a little bit about it and the subject was dropped. That evening there was a program about the brain on PBS. One of the things they talked about was people that see things differently. It was rather timely. I was folding laundry while the show was on so I didn't see it all. The most fascinating part for me was the clip of somebody speaking. They showed a visual of someone saying gaga but the audio version was baba. Our brains perceive this as the dada sound. I let him stay up late to watch the next program about making things cleaner.
We have coupons for free donuts at Krispy Kreme so we stopped yesterday before soccer practice. Nyla ate her donut right away but Bohdin decided to wait to eat his. He was a little tired from staying up to watch the science program the night before and said he wanted to take a nap but Nyla was too loud. When he said that Nyla yelled that she wanted to take a nap and he had to be quiet but she just kept on talking and singing. At one point Nyla was making loud chewing noises. Bohdin complained but Nyla said she was eating peanuts. Bohdin was frustrated and asked her how he was supposed to know when she was going to be done if he couldn't see them. (They were invisible peanuts) Nyla said they were in her pocket. She looked down and said there were no more peanuts but she did find some crackers. She picked up an invisible cracker and started munching loudly. Bohdin was frustrated and annoyed. Then Cora made a noise with her mouth similar to Nyla and Bohdin started laughing.
Bohdin has been very kind and helpful this week. Usually when one child has difficult behavior the other compensates in the opposite direction. So this week Bohdin offered to help bring in the groceries despite frigid temperatures and he offered to carry the tea I was buying yesterday. Nyla has had a trying week. She feels more like a three year old than ever before.

No comments:
Post a Comment