Friday, February 11, 2011

Paper Monster

Cora had her 6 month checkup yesterday.  When the called us I led the way with Bohdin right behind me and Nyla dawdling.  The nurse had grabbed a scale and blocked the doorway before Nyla made it in.  He saw her wandering closer to our room and excused himself to take care of a lost child.  He bent down and asked Nyla her name.  She replied "Princess".  He took her hand and told her they were going to find her mommy.  As they turned away from me I told Nyla to get in the room.  There's no telling what sort of wild goose chase they could have had together. 

Cora is 17 pounds 1 ounce now and 26.25 inches long.  Bohdin and I filled out the development questionnaire together.  I had a chuckle about all of the questions pertaining to her being on her back.  I had to answer that she rarely plays with her feet but that is because she hates being on her back.  She flips over right away.  It's even the first thing she does upon awakening.  The doctor said she looked great.  When we put her on her tummy, she spun around on the table, grabbed the edge and pulled herself forward,  I then sat her up.  She can't sit up longer than a few seconds without face planting.  She saw the paper under her and made a huge grab for it.  She is a paper monster.  In fact on the ride to the hospital she was fussing.  It turns out that she was sad that she couldn't have the book Nyla was holding.  Nyla eventually figured it out and gave Cora the book. 

Bohdin does the best job of making Cora laugh.  The other night in her room I was holding her when Bohdin did something funny.  Since she wasn't wearing a cover I could feel that she peed when she laughed.  Bohdin thought it was hilarious that he made her pee her pants.  He did it again last night and again was proud of himself. 

Bohdin bought 20 Playmobil Arabian warriors from an online retailer that is getting rid of their Playmobil stock.  Unfortunately they were out of the Roman soldiers he wanted but he was able to get a few Romans.  They arrived yesterday.  Our basement is becoming a large battlefield.  He still wants the Roman soldiers. 

On the way to soccer practice yesterday Cora was making loud sounds playfully.  Nyla started crying because it scared her.  I thought this was strange because Nyla is way louder than Cora.  It scared he nonetheless and Nyla started crying.  I explained that Cora was trying to play with her the same way that Nyla had repeatedly played with her.  I don't know if Nyla is even able to play at a quieter level with Cora but I think she's going to try. 

No comments: