I talk to Bohdin often about different people being good at different things. Bohdin is observant so considers himself a good noticer. Although it seems to be often focused on people he notices other things as well. Wednesday night we were watching Watson on Jeopardy together. Bohdin had watched the PBS program about Watson and found that more interesting than watching it on Jeopardy. Afterward a new season of Survivor started. The tv was still on and Bohdin was half paying attention to it. I have closed captioning turned on all of the time on the tv in the bedroom. I do better reading the words than hearing them. So Bohdin was half watching the tv and asked me why the words on the bottom were so far behind. The closed captioning was several seconds behind the audio. I can't believe he noticed that since it requires pretty fast reading skills. I asked him how he knew that but he didn't want to talk about it.
There are two girls Nyla's age at soccer practice. Normally they play with each other because Nyla refuses to join them. They've tried repeatedly to include her but she refuses. I have no idea why. Yesterday there was only one girl there and she and Nyla had a lot of fun together. They did silly three year old things like running funny and drinking from the water fountain. Next week is the last week of this session. I hope Nyla can have fun with her one last time.
No comments:
Post a Comment