Monday, February 14, 2011

Trip Report

Buddy suggested we go to Cincinnati for the weekend and found an indoor water park that looked fun. He had originally thought about Great Wolf Lodge but that place is pricey and booked.  I think Cora is too young for a public pool because she still poops multiple times per day.   I don't trust any diaper enough to subject other people to that.  So I went shopping with Cora while Buddy, Bohdin, and Nyla enjoyed the water park.  The other reason for the trip was to stop at Ikea and see the cabinets.  We did that on Saturday.  Sunday was water park day.  I cut off Bohdin's bracelet this morning and he was really sad.  He wanted it on so he could always remember.  After apologizing and drying his tears I convinced him that writing about it would be a good way to remember.  So here is the trip report in his words.  Every word is his own.  I added punctuation. There were times when he told me stuff that he didn't want me to write down.  I think it would have been better to include them but its not my story.

We put our stuff in our locker.  I went on a water slide.  It was orange and kind of big.  At first you start slow and then you keep speeding up.  Sometimes when I went on it my face went under water.  It was when I got off.  There were two other water slides and one wasn't a tube at all.  It was like a long windy cylinder with no roof.  There are two orange slides and two blue slides and one of the blue ones are little.  And the other blue slide is big.  It's not really a cylinder like the other orange one.  It's like a cylinder with no roof.  And the other orange one is a full cylinder until you get to the bottom.  

After you start floating on the floatie on the lazy river, if you are on the right side you will get splashed with water.  Once you are a little further away from the place where you get splashed with water, there are two coconuts that look like they are spitting at you.  And after the coconuts are squirting at you, not very far away is a rope you pull on and then water comes out of a pipe.  If you are lucky you might get someone wet.  And there's two things with rope on it to pull to get someone wet, and after the second one then you want to stay on one side.  I think that side is the right side because if you stay on the left side then you will get splashed with water again.  And not very far away from where you can get splashed with water AGAIN it looks like there are water arches.  And you have to go in between them unless you want to get splashed with water again.  And after the water arches are passed if you want to , you can do it all over again.

There's this kind of like island that's in the middle of the lazy river.  And that's where you can go on the big slides.  And also there is quite a bit of fun stuff that you can do like make a water system, splash people with water in the lazy river, get yourself wet.

One part is kind of like Chuck E. Cheeses.  Instead of just using tokens you can also use a card.  And also if you play a game long enough you can get lots of tickets.  On one of the games I got a ticket train!  There's this game where you have to throw a ball.  But you don't really have to throw them with your hands.  You do have to use your hands.  There's this ball thing and you have to pull on to launch the ball.  And when you let go of the thing you have to pull to launch the ball, you have to try to get tickets.  There are holes and whichever hole you get the ball into that's how many tickets you get.  We didn't get any 500s.  Do you want to know how we got a ticket train?  It's because he got like two 25s.  

Once we did the games we went to the pool.  Then we traded in our tickets.  After we traded in our tickets we left the water park and that was the end of our trip.  The end.     -  Bohdin

I asked Nyla for her version as well. She was eating lunch and there was a segment that was mumbled that I couldn't' understand. 

I just do one slide and then I do the lazy river.  .... pulled on the rope and sprayed on people.  After I did the lazy river, I did another slide and then it was too scary.  But then after I did more slides I did another hundred of slides.

Nyla actually only went on one slide and was too scared to do any more.  On the way out, she was crying in the parking lot because she wanted to do more slides.  

No comments: