Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sitting

Cora is sitting significantly better than a few weeks ago. She is no longer in danger of faceplanting within the first few seconds. She isn't even close to getting herself into a sitting position by herself. She's enjoying the new position and now does not like the exersaucer nearly so much. I'll be putting it away soon.




In the past Bohdin and I agreed that he has four shows that he can watch. That didn't work out as well as it should have which is why the cable connection has been on and off in the basement for the last several weeks. Tuesday we sat down together and came up with a new agreement. We both signed a contract outlining what is expected and the punishment for not abiding by the rules. So far it has been pretty good. Yesterday he watched a show he wasn't supposed to thereby breaking the rules. He knew his punishment and cried about 15 minutes. He was not able to watch the show he really wanted to watch. Overall it is going really well though. In the morning he decides which shows he will watch that day. He knows what time they will come on and I try to remind him. The nice part is that he knows he will be able to watch tv and when which frees up the rest of the day for playing. Already this morning he and Nyla have played Playmobil. He helped Nyla get a raincoat on so she could go outside and find the seed collection from yesterday and now they are looking at books together.

Nyla is hungry first thing in the morning but Bohdin is not. Often he goes to the basement to play as soon as he is up. Nyla will have something to eat and then join him. I eat after Nyla but before Bohdin. Yesterday I was eating breakfast while Bohdin and Nyla were playing in the basement. Nyla came up crying because she was hurting. She told me that she had hit Bohdin. Bohdin then pretend scratched Nyla. Nyla needed comforting from the pain of the pretend scratch.

Nyla wanted me to come with her to the bathroom yesterday for company. She told me that she does not have a penis and instead pees from her butt. She went on to say that she wishes she had a penis and asked "When will I have a penis?".

The stove and refrigerator were delivered yesterday. The stove looks a little lonely right now but progress is being made. The stove will be surrounded by cabinets in several weeks.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

anna said...

So, I'm getting caught up on your blog. I keep forgetting that it doesn't show me new posts anymore on my reader. After it's felt like a long time between posts, I remember to come here and see that you've written nearly every day.

Was Nyla disappointed when you told her she wouldn't get a penis (unless she visits your old hometown). Your stove might be lonely, but it is so pretty.