I don't know what was going on but neither Nyla nor Cora could go to sleep Sunday evening. It was 11:30 before they went to sleep which was many hours later than they should have been asleep. Cora spent some time rocking back and forth on the bed. Neither slept in the next morning and Cora only had one nap on Monday which is 1-2 less than usual. She slept poorly Monday evening. At one point she woke up screaming. She has a very shrill scream which I'm not sure I've even heard before. Buddy was able to get her back to sleep. She never woke up screaming again but she did wake up. Finally she found a comfortable spot laying across my chest. It was a position she liked when she was younger. As she was laying on me I thought about how much bigger she has become. The next morning Buddy commented that it looked like she had grown 2 inches overnight. It was interesting that we both had the same thought within hours of each other.
Last night Cora slept better but Bodhin and Nyla didn't get enough sleep. We stayed up too late reading books and then they woke up earlier than usual. Since they were up early I let them watch Curious George. They were yawning through it.
Cora is definitely a crawler now. In the past few days she has really figured it out. It's a low crawl on her belly. She uses her strong hand grip to hold on to the carpet and pull herself forward. I know she's going to be trouble because she is a paper lover. Perhaps Nyla remembers her days of paper eating because she has become Cora's supplier. This morning I had to take away a card from Cora who was in the exersaucer. Nyla became very mad because she had given Cora the card and wanted her to eat it. I held my ground and said we will not be giving her any paper to eat. Nyla stamped her feet, banged doors, and threw toys at the injustice of it.
At story time today there were way more kids than usual and it was in a different spot because the normal room had water damage. Bohdin was having trouble during craft time. He looked like he wanted to cry and was getting frustrated. Finally he told me he wasn't used to so many people. I grabbed a marker and a glue stick for him and took him to a quiet area away from everybody else. He was able to lay down and color without distraction. He did the best coloring of his life. Normally he doesn't want to fill in an entire area but today he did it. I was really proud of him for recognizing that the situation wasn't working for him and why it wasn't working for him.

No comments:
Post a Comment