Cora had a bite of pear this weekend and thought it was the worst tasting thing ever. I didn't come back in time to capture the funny face she made when tasting it. By the time I came back she was tired and not in the mood to try that yucky thing again. She's going to be a late eater. I gave her a pea last week and probably through coincidence she threw it right back up. She was throwing up a lot last week because of all the mucus which is why it could have been coincidence. It looks like she'll be sticking to chewing on shoes for a while instead of food.
Bohdin and Nyla have been playing better than ever this week. I don't know the reason for the change. They are playing Playmobil together which is something they weren't able to do well in the past. On Monday morning I went down and the mailman was delivering 20 invitations to the Playmobil kids for a party later that day. Somewhere along the line the story involved two firetrucks, cargo, treasure stealing, a boat full of food, and who knows what else. In fact they were so busy I don't think the party even happened that day. Bohdin has been looking for somebody to play Playmobil with him for a long time and I'm glad he finally found someone. I hope it lasts.
Nyla woke up early yesterday so everybody woke up early. I thought it might be a good day to go to Ikea since the kids could sleep in the car. We needed some of the base cabinets so Buddy could get the framing finalized and bring the plumbers back. Buddy was concerned about the kids driving so much in one day. It was a valid concern for Cora. I was concerned though about Buddy going on the weekend when they are crazy busy. Cora did have some rough moments on the drive both there and back. She really prefers to sleep and eat at home. Even if she is in the carrier at a store now she'll complain. The only exception may be if we are outside. Bohdin had to sing to her for a really long time. Bohdin's voice is the only one that will calm her down so the responsibility fell to him. I was really grateful and proud that he would do it for so long without complaint. On the ride back it was about 20 minutes before she fell asleep. Cora has a really high pitched squeal when she is unhappy but thankfully she didn't use it in the car.
Ikea was not busy at all yesterday. I dropped off Bohdin and Nyla in the kid area for the first time. In the one hour I had before needing to pick them up I was able to buy what I needed and load up the car. The kids loved the play area. The lady told me that they both did great. Nyla started crying on the way out and the lady swore that she had been fine up to that point. I believe her. Nyla just seemed mad that she couldn't figure out the childproof door to get out. They want to come back to Ikea again to play there.
The sun was out yesterday and the girls across the street were playing outside. They play outside nearly every day that the weather is decent. I told Bohdin he could go over. Nyla, Cora, and I went as well. Bohdin brought the soccer ball over and some bubbles. We weren't there too long because Buddy came home and the girls had to leave for gymnastics. I think we'll see a lot more of them in the coming months. When we crossed the street to our house Nyla was sad and wished she had some cousins like Bohdin. Nyla really wants some playmates. She loved playing with the girl at soccer practice but we're not going to see her again. They're not signing up for this next session. Maybe there will be another girl this week. Hopefully I can find some friends for Nyla soon. Somebody who wants to pretend to be a ballerina princess with her and do silly girl stuff.
Bohdin has been doing art lessons. Well only two so far. I keep meaning to do another one but he's always too busy playing. We have hardly done any schoolwork recently either. A few weeks ago Bohdin and Nyla watched the lesson on mixing colors together. Bohdin did the art work the way he was shown but Nyla decided to do her own thing. She must have learned something because when she was painting the other day she was mixing colors to make new ones. She has several shades of blue there on the paper and declared her new favorite color to be blue. It didn't last long because her favorite color is once again pink.
Sometimes Nyla complains in the morning that she can't get up, her legs don't work, there is a pink bunny in her room, she can't walk, it's too cold, etc and I need to pick out her clothes. I tell her I will do it but I will choose something other than pink. She generally yells no and zips by me to go pick out a pink outfit.
Nyla has always been a bandaid fan. When I buy them at the store I think of them as stickers. She is wearing three bandaids on her fingers in the picture below. There is nothing wrong with her fingers at least not visibly. She just likes to wear bandaids sometimes. She can go through several in one day because she'll take it off and need another five minutes later.
No comments:
Post a Comment