Bohdin even danced today at story time which is so unusual for him.
For school recently we've been doing review. I don't mind because I want him to have a really firm grasp of small addition and subtraction. Today Bohdin chose to do a new math lesson. We haven't cracked open the math book since January. The lesson today was numbers greater than 10. So it showed that 16 is 10 + 6 and so on. He didn't have any trouble grasping that and finished the workbook quickly. Tonight I was reviewing it with him. I thought he might like to know why he was learning that so I told him it would be important when he wanted to add larger numbers like nine plus eight. "Seventeen" he responded. "Do you know how I knew that? I took one away from the 8 and added it to the 9 to make 10 then there were 7 more. 17." I guess he doesn't need the math lessons. Later I told Buddy who quizzed him with a few more problems. He had no trouble doing the math in his head. I wonder if he will grow up to do math. It comes so easily to him. Nyla will grow up to be a dancing ballerina princess and Bohdin will be an engineer.
We play a game where the kids invent flavors of tea for me to drink. Bohdin likes to pair a fruit with a land form so he will give me blackberry mountain and things like that. Nyla is all over the place with her tea names. Tonight she was going to serve me a tea she called penis pie but then decided that would be yucky and gave me bean pie which she thought was a yummy name for a tea. She also offered me tea made with soap and toothpaste. Yum! Bohdin delved into medicial teas tonight. I had to drink a tea that tasted like gasoline to offset the effects of my pretend wasp bite. Then he offered a tea in a whispery voice which was very powerful. If I took one sip then I would have a baby the next day. Even though he repeatedly told me it was just pretend I hesitated to drink the tea. Hopefully I don't have a male baby tomorrow. Two years ago he told Nyla that she would have a baby sister and now she does. I'm a little leery of his baby voodoo.

No comments:
Post a Comment