Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Something to Tell Me

I was upstairs with a sleeping Cora while the kids were playing.  They played in the front yard for a while and then came inside.  When it was quiet I put headphones on and watched an old episode of Glee I missed.  When Cora woke up I came down and Bohdin said he had something to tell me that I might not want to hear.  While Cora was sleeping he had found some Playmobil toys I had hidden for a later time.  An online retailer is shutting down so I bought a few things for Easter and whatnot.  Bohdin found them on the upper shelf of the front closet.  He told me how he had figured out a way to reach them.  Then he and Nyla went down to the basement and opened them.  I was glad that he told me since I would have found out anyway.  I was not glad that he had opened them.  When I asked what he was doing in that closet he said that he was going to get the fireworks out.  He doesn't understand why he can't play with fireworks without me or Buddy but I think he'll refrain.  Just in case they are going to be moved.  I also have to keep my ears open from now on when the kids are awake.  It's a good thing it was the Playmobil toys and not the fireworks. 

We were outside planting more peas and lettuce last night when some flying insects came around.  Nyla tried to shoo them away.  "This is a planting area not a flying area."  We may be doing all this work for nothing.  The rabbits probably ate our pea plants last year.  Inches away from the area we planted Buddy spotted rabbit poop and deer tracks.  Bohdin loves harvesting peas more than anything else so we may put some in pots. 

No comments: