Monday, March 28, 2011

Trying so hard

Bohdin and Nyla were excited that The Little Einsteins DVD was ready for them at the library. On Wednesday I watched Nyla nearly break it while taking it out of the case and told her that somebody else had to take it out for her. Buddy and I have been talking a long time about getting a DVR but every time I call they refuse to lower the price for me. Finally I broke down and decided to pay the full price. Without asking for it I actually did receive a discount this time. I was excited to tell the kids that now we could record Little Einsteins. As I was walking downstairs to tell them Nyla was walking upstairs crying. She had broken the Little Einsteins DVD from the library. She took it out herself despite my warning on Wednesday. Nyla was very sorry. She cries when she is sorry. I hugged her and she told me that she "tries so hard to be good". I thought that was so sweet. She really does try hard. We had to go to Target to buy the DVD. It is cheaper for me to replace it than pay the library to replace it. Last weekend when we were outside planting peas the weather was amazing. The highs were in the 70s and low 80s. A cold front came through and we have been in the 30s and 40s for several days. There was even a light dusting of snow on Sunday. The lettuce we planted hasn't sprouted yet but the lettuce that went to seed last year is looking good. I need to get out there and do some weeding. Some time last week a tree broke in the woods and fell on the fence in our backyard.

Cora has been a challenge this past week. I put her on the floor when I'm cooking or cleaning. She normally has zero interest in baby toys. Instead she'll hunt for something inappropriate to put in her mouth. If she can't find anything she'll crawl to me and pull herself to a standing position using my leg. I can't get anything done with a baby hanging from my leg so I have to pick her up. I already have to carry her when we go out of the house. She doesn't like sitting in shopping carts very much. I don't want to carry her inside as well.

No comments: