Cora is becoming more and more mobile so I have been busy cleaning. Nyla does art at least once per day and putting things away is not her specialty. At least once per day I have to put away paint, glue, scissors, and whatever else she used and left on the floor. As soon as the kitchen is done if not sooner I'm going to move the art supplies where Cora can't reach. They are mostly behind doors right now but
it's just a matter of time. She is already pulling things off shelves and pulling herself up. She has been working hard on standing and there has been a huge improvement. She can also crawl a short distance with her belly off the ground. This just makes her explore further so I'm still in a mad rush to make things safer.
Thursday we stopped at a friend's house to play before soccer practice. The kids are into trains so we took some of our trains over and a few buildings. My kids don't like trains quite as much but the other kids had fun. Bohdin and Nyla wanted to play with their fun and new toys as opposed to their own tired and old toys. We'll do it again next month probably. Since we were on that side of town we stopped at the bookstore and Costco prior to practice. I told Nyla she could choose three books and I approved her choices from the clearance section. It turns out she put another Dora book in the pile. I didn't notice until we were home. It was a five dollar book as opposed to the 50 cent books I had said yes to. I told Nyla that I didn't say yes to that one. She responded "Well you should have put it somewhere I couldn't see it.". I'm not sure if that means I can't take her to the bookstore any more. There are lots of books she might like that I'm not getting. I can't hide them all. Actually she has to go at least one more time when we return that Dora book.
The basement stinks and I can't figure out what is causing it. I asked both kids and neither have a good explanation. Nyla told me she did it but "it is for me to find out" what she spilled. I still haven't found out and the stink is getting worse. I did find a wet spot but I just don't know. I know it wasn't the nuts that Bohdin suggested. Probably partly from the stink and partly because the basement was taken over by a long train track the kids decided to play upstairs and set up a farm. Bohdin had trouble leaving Sunday to go to Lowes because he was in the process of baking Playmobil bread.
Saturday we were supposed to go to the zoo for Amelia's birthday party. I had the time wrong in my head so by the time we showed up late the party was over. Bohdin and Nyla were sad to have missed out on the cake. We did still get to spend time with Gavin and Amelia. Nyla wrapped up her stuffed snowman to give to her while Bohdin grabbed some fruit leather. She seemed to enjoy both presents.

No comments:
Post a Comment