Thursday, March 31, 2011

New door

I have a friend we see sometime that was very pregnant. She emailed and invited anybody in the area to stop by sometime since they were homebound. Monday I needed to go toward her side of town. I gave the kids a choice of going to the science museum or her house and they chose her house. Bohdin played with the older girls but Nyla felt left out. Bohdin was the youngest in the group. The five year old boy also felt left out so toward the end he and Nyla started playing together. We didn't stay long because I still had to go to Costco and I didn't want to keep Cora awake too long. All of the kids were tired on the way home but only Cora and Bohdin fell asleep. Nyla stayed awake to give herself a bath using a cup of water and a paper towel. I don't know how she managed to get so wet with so little water. Her clothes and hair was wet. As we pulled into our neighborhood she was done with a bath and wanted to go to sleep. I kept her awake. The local door guy who built our door arrived soon after. I'm so glad we went with him because the service was better and the price was comparable if not better. He came out to measure to make sure we ordered the right size and also delivered it. Buddy installed the door that night. It's so much better than the piece of junk we had before. In the strong winds we had last week the old door nearly fell off. I saw the whole frame moving. I'm still getting used to all of the light. I keep thinking that the door is blown open. The old door would blow open on occasion. We haven't had a strong wind since installation but I think this one will stay shut once we get a lock on it today. Tuesday morning the friend we visited the day before was in labor. She invited people to come over and be with them. We showed up after lunch several hours after the baby was born. Childbrith seems like more of a miracle when it's not my child. I saw her pregnant one day and the next day there was a human being. When I'm pregnant I've known the baby for months. Birth just changes the baby's location. It was neat to see. We didn't stay long. There were quite a few people there and Bohdin didn't get to play with M- at all.

Yesterday we just stayed home so Cora could catch up on sleep. We didn't even make it to story time. I cleaned up a little which gave Bohdin and Nyla the perfect opportunity to make a line of cushion boats and make it snow with pompoms.

No comments: