Friday, April 1, 2011

George

A few weeks ago at the book store Nyla used a gift card to buy a stuffed Curious George monkey.  Neither Bohdin nor I thought it was a great choice but she was adamant.  She does seem to enjoy him.  She wants me to buy him a carseat but I refuse every time.  She has finally come to terms with him riding buckled in the front seat but she only grudgingly accepts that solution.  He's not played with every day but the times he is played with he is played with enthusiastically. 

I know somebody that wants to wean her three year old and I decided I might give it a shot as well.  It's something Nyla and I have talked about for many months but nothing has come of it yet.  Last night we decided that she could get a bike once she is done.  She is super excited.  She is tired of the tricycle and wants something like Bohdin.  While I was laying with a sleeping Cora she came up and asked about her bike.  We looked at several online and soon found the perfect one.  It is pink and has a doll carrier in the back.  Nyla ran downstairs to tell George the exciting news.  Apparently he was excited as well.  We'll have to order it online so she'll have to wait a few days.  In the meantime I'm going to ensure that she doesn't change her mind.  

A local fabric store was having a store wide sale today.  Despite Bohdin's protests we went.  He wanted to stay home and play.  I was looking for fabric for pillows.  It's not something I can buy online since the color has to match just right.  While we were there I told Nyla she could pick out a fabric for a new dress.  She has decided to wear dresses again.  She loved a rust colored Thomas fabric, a pink striped flannel, and several others which were completely wrong.  We left without any new fabric for her.  A lady overheard Bohdin offering to hold my fabric choices and she commented on how sweet my children were. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep--that whole weaning-for-a-bike thing is an awesome solution! She picked out an adorable bike. :D