Nyla waited about 36 hours for a new bike which was the equivalent of around seven months in Nyla time. She was so excited and impatient. There were a few times when she wanted to back out of the deal but I held strong for her. She and I went early this morning to pick up the bike. At first I thought we would have to order it but a ToysRUs across town had one in stock. Lucky Nyla. She's been using the tricycle and knows how to pedal it okay. I warned her that it would take practice to get good at her bike. Buddy put it together and took her out for her first spin while I put Cora to sleep. She wanted to ride again later with George and I was with her that time. Bohdin joined her on his bike both times.

It finally warmed up again after several days of cooler temps. An order of fruit and berry bushes arrived Wednesday and Bohdin helped me plant the last two things today. Someday somebody will have a wide selection of uncommon fruit in their backyard. Today we planted two gooseberry bushes. I have grand plans to build a cool sandbox for the kids but until that happens I refilled the turtle with two bags of sand. Both kids had a lot of fun playing in it today. Nyla was outside when I was taking this picture but I had her scoot over since she was naked.
When we were planting some trees last night Nyla wanted to come outside as well. She clearly needed to pee badly. As she was down on her knees willing the pee to stay in I told her she should run upstairs and pee quickly. She refused of course and said "Come on pee. Let's go see our wormy friends." It wasn't long before she couldn't hold out any longer. After peeing she decided to change clothes. Buddy asked her why she was changing. Nyla responded "I can't wear the same clothes all day long" as if Buddy had just asked the dumbest question ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment