Bohdin and Nyla woke up in a terrible mood yesterday. Nyla cried for about an hour. Bohdin was fine until it was time to get dressed for the library. He started crying so we just skipped it for the third week in a row. Today they are in a much better mood. Before breakfast they did art and now they are building a huge pillow thing. I haven't seen it yet but I'm sure it resembles a giant pillow mess leading down the stairs.
Nyla was thirsty before bed and wanted somebody to hand her the cup of water instead of getting it herself. She said she couldn't because there were mice on the floor that scared her. I suggested she ask the mice for help. When Nyla couldn't do that because the mice had disappeared I pointed out that now she could get the water herself. The mice reappeared and she could no longer do it. I told her once again to ask the mice for help. Again they conveniently disappeared. I think we could have gone back and forth for ages. One will never win an argument with Nyla using logic. She is ruled more by her emotions.
Nyla wants tokens to record tv shows also. Bohdin will never choose to record Dora for himself. My preliminary idea was to set up a reward system for her. I've been having trouble getting her to do things like put her clean clothes away and clean up after herself. Taking things away has zero effect on her but I think rewarding her with tokens or something to that effect could be a good solution for her. I don't know how tricky it will be to have two different systems for two very different children. I explained to Bohdin that I was dealing with Nyla in this way because she is a Nyla and not a Bohdin. He didn't seem quite convinced but I know if I explained how his system is better he would be fine. Logic does work on Bohdin.
No comments:
Post a Comment