Cora is a huge fan of windows. If the ground wasn't super saturated with rain I would let her explore outside. Our backyard is really soggy right now with the many inches of rain we've had recently. Somebody said we had four inches of rain last night. That's on top of the rain we had yesterday and earlier in the week.
I really dislike Bohdin and Nyla waking up Cora from her nap. Bohdin almost never does this but Nyla does on occasion. I was really mad at Bohdin earlier in the week for waking her up and I think that finally made Nyla realize she shouldn't do it. Cora was sleeping on Thursday and Nyla came up quietly. Cora had woken up a few minutes prior so I told Nyla to come in. Bohdin had sent her up asking for help. We were out of toilet paper downstairs. We headed to the basement and as we went into the main floor Nyla nonchalantly tells me there is a bird in the house. There truly is a bird in the house and it is frantically trying to get out of the dining room window which is closed. After helping Bohdin quickly I came back upstairs to get the bird out. Nyla and I opened the front and back door and I was going to shoo the bird out but Nyla somehow did it quickly and easily. After the bird flew out the door Nyla went out to the front step and waved. "Goodbye bird! Thanks for visiting!", she called after it. I have no idea how the bird got into the house.
Last night Buddy saw a deer in the yard. By the time I came out with the camera it had moved back toward the fence. I also saw two more deer in the neighbor's yard. I hope it wasn't scouting out yummy stuff to eat.
The electrical inspector came by yesterday and passed Buddy's electrical work. He is excited, proud, and relieved. Another phase of the work is complete. The framing inspector has to come by before we can insulate and get the drywall guy in. I was hoping we would have the floors in by Derby but we may be lucky to have the walls up. Cora loves crawling into that space. The sooner it is finished the better for all of us.

No comments:
Post a Comment