Saturday, April 16, 2011

Presentation

I asked Bohdin earlier in the week if he wanted to give a presentation on Friday. He agreed so we went forward. The theme was Earth Day so I had Bohdin do a presentation about growing strawberries and hand out strawberry plants to everybody. He prepared a nice report and he did an excellent rendition for Buddy. We all went Friday morning to hear Bohdin give his presentation. Bohdin was going to go third but needed a bit more time. He went fourth instead. This was a very difficult thing for him to do and considering that he did great. Judging it purely as a presentation it was pretty bad. I thought Bohdin was going to have a panic attack. He tried super hard and this was one of the hardest things he has ever done in his life. We're very proud of him. It's a very supportive group so they asked questions and told him he did great. When we walked out Bohdin said it "was a BIG success". I didn't get any pictures since I was standing next to him prodding him to continue. When we were thinning peas Nyla pulled one aside to take to the presentation so she could do her own. On Friday we could not locate it so Nyla grabbed one of the bags on strawberry plants. She was insistent that she do her own presentation. We had nothing prepared but she didn't care. At the end I let her get up there. I couldn't hear very well what she said since I was sitting on the side and almost behind her at that point. People were polite and listened and asked questions. She wants to do it again next month. I think we own pillows so the kids can make giant structures. The other day they threw every blanket and pillow down the stairs onto the landing. It was almost as tall as Nyla. It couldn't stay since it was much too difficult to navigate the stairs. Bohdin was picking his nose in the car and Nyla saw him. She told him to stop picking his nose. Bohdin said she was starting to sound like mommy. At Costco we picked up a new sandbox. The turtle one we currently have is small and doesn't have drainage holes. I think it is something the kids will really enjoy. Buddy has long dreamed of terracing parts of the back yard. Last night he went to work digging it out. I helped a little but Cora started to complain. Bohdin was in charge of the rocks although he complained about it a lot. Nyla was the worm rescuer. Whenever we found a worm she would pick it up and put it in the garden. Bohdin likes to make Cora stand on her head. I'm not a fan of it. Cora tolerates it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: