When I was looking for flights I confused myself with eastern vs mountain time. I subracted two hours from the flight start to get Colorado time. Obviously the flight was already listed in Colorado time. That meant that instead of leaving at bedtime we were leaving 2 hours after bedtime. Nyla fell asleep on the way to the airport. We arrived at the airport with plenty of time so we could eat, walk slow, and get ready for bed before boarding. Bohdin pulled him Thomas suitcase along in one hand and the other hand held Nyla's hand. They walked together through the airport most of the way. He even helped her onto the train. I wish my camera wasn't packed. I received several comments about how cute they looked walking through the airport together.
Bohdin fell asleep soon after takeoff. We were given a whole row and he was able to lay across two seats. Nyla was completely energized from her nap. She wouldn't go to sleep. She wasn't crazy though. I ended up mostly watching the movie she showed while she played in my lap. About 30 minutes before landing she finally fell asleep. She was not happy to wake up. Bohdin had a tough time waking up also. We were helped off the airplane because I was struggling with one fussy and one groggy child and heavy bags. It took us a long time but we managed to make it out to our car. We arrived home at 1:30am. Bohdin was excited to see his toys and instantly started playing. I put an end to that quickly and we were all asleep within minutes. Since Bohdin had lost at least 3 hours of sleep the previous night he managed to sleep in an extra hour in the morning. It's better than nothing.
There was still a bit of snow on the ground and Bohdin played in the snow a bit outside the comissary yesterday. He threw snowballs, made tracks, and I think even ate a little (he denied it) on brown island. I need to take a picture of brown island before we leave. He plays in that area for a few minutes every time we leave the comissary. Now Nyla is starting to run around the area also.
When we went to the comissary yesterday Nyla sat quietly in the basket nearly the entire time. This has been a gradual maturation over the past month or so. She used to try to stand up multiple times and want to be carried or get out numerous times. I give a lot of credit to Bohdin here. Nyla copies Bohdin's actions frequently. This is wonderful in the store where he stays close to the basket. It's funny at other times. Last night she tried to pee standing up in front of the potty. That obviously didn't end well. Bohdin was mad last night just before bed and marched to the bedroom door and sat down in anger with his arms crossed. Nyla followed him to the door and sat down right next to him. Overall, he's a pretty good role model.

2 comments:
Hope you had an enjoyable vacation to Colorado!
Sounds like you managed to accomplish quite a bit, though I am surprised by no mention of the zoo......I saw a video a few days ago that reminded me of the squirrel we saw there that was going through everybody's bags of stuff in the strollers
On the way to the airport Bohdin said he wanted to go to the zoo. Too late then. We didn't have the time really at any point. I spent a lot of time buying things I couldn't get in Maryland. We can go to the zoo here but not the thrift store.
Post a Comment