Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Playgroup

Monday I went to Longmont to visit a dear friend whom I haven't seen since Nyla was an infant. Bohdin did not really want to go. He was grumpy the whole time. Later he said he didn't want to talk to her. Noboby was forcing him to interact. We walked over to the Sonic together to get a drink. We don't have Sonic in Maryland so we take advantage of those half price slushes when we're here. Bohdin was also a little bummed out that day because I told him it had snowed at home. We had 7.5 inches of snow. That's more snow than all of the other snow storm the past 2 winters put together. Instead we were stuck here with crummy 70 degree weather. Bohdin was sad. It's been pretty cold there and I would be surprised if it was all gone when we get back home late tonight.

Tuesday we attended our old playgroup. There were some new faces there. The other big change is that in Bohdin's absence, Tyken has befreinded the other kids. Bohdin prefers a one on one situation so he never looked like he was having much fun. He said he was but he didn't look it. There were two interaction of note. At one point a girl told Bohdin that she didn't like him. They had never met prior to today. Bohdin stood there and just turned his head away. I talked to him about it afterwards and I think he is okay. Four year olds aren't very good at understanding how words can hurt. Bohdin isn't anyway. The next incident was a little girl trying to take the ball Bohdin was playing with. We had been kicking it back and forth. When she picked it up from the ground Bohdin told her that he was playing with it. I'm glad he stood up for himself. Luckily she gave the ball back. I don't think Bohdin would have fought her for it.

 
 
 
 

This morning we are just getting ready to head out by doing some last minute things. I sent a 35 pound package containing the thrift store clothes I found for Bohdin and Nyla. I bought all of his 5 year old stuff and a few things for 6. I didn't get as much for Nyla because I'm going to keep making things for her. I did get quite a few sweaters in the 99 cent sale. I can't pass up that kind of price. The thrift stores in Maryland carry very few kid clothes. Most people don't donate their stuff around there so I have to get here in Colorado while I can. In addition, we picked up lots of books (the ones our library doesn't carry) and a few videos. I also bought some tea that I can't get out there.d
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a big dog behind Nyla and the bilibo!
Nyla looks to be suffering no ill effects from her head trauma...