Friday, March 20, 2009

The cleaning never ends

My days are filled with cleaning and organizing and more cleaning. This is why moving sucks. Cleaning the oven and the windowsills and all those little spots that have been neglected since our arrival. It will be worth it when Bohdin can have room to play outside and can run without disturbing anyone. He's also looking forward to a garden. I was making salsa the other day and he took a seed from the pepper and planted it. I don't have to remind him to take care of it. He says he loves watering and picking. We'll try to grow a few things in containers this year.

We walked to the redbox in the grocery store on Wednesday to pick up a free movie. Buddy watched it that night and then left it on a shelf so I wouldn't forget to return it. I was cleaning the kitchen and making breakfast when Nyla walks in with the empty case. I take it from her and ask her where the video is. She sort of shrugs and points vaguely while walking to the kitchen table. She sits down to eat and I repeat the question. No response. I search around for the video and finally find it in the dvd player.

I thought I would walk to the store quickly by myself and return the movie last night after Buddy came home but Nyla really wanted to come with me. It was a nice evening and although I had to carry her halfway it was still pleasant. I only took my keys with me since I didn't have any pockets. When we arrived at the store we couldn't return the movie. The box was full. I couldn't rent a new one because I didn't have my wallet and I couldn't call Buddy because I didn't bring my phone. We stood around for a while waiting for somebody to come rent a movie without returning one but no luck. By the time we made it back home, Nyla was really tired and went straight to bed.

 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nyla is out of a diaper??!

Anonymous said...

the bench is new?

Helen said...

Nyla still wears diapers. Often, at home she just wears pants or nothing. She was wearing nothing when I took the camera out for pictures so grabbed a pair of underwear from the clean clothes pile.

We found that bench last summer in the trash. It turns out I like benches better than chairs for little kids. It's been too long since you've visited.