Both times on the bus I was lucky enough to have some help. When I boarded the bus in front of the hotel, the kids zoomed ahead of me and found a seat. I fiddled with my money because I somehow lost the nickel I had in my pocket for part of the fare. I finally just shoved another dollar into the driver's hand. As soon as he gave me the change he started driving the bus. I had to walk the length of the bus because the kids had chosen the very back seats. A man held his arm sort of across Nyla's chest so she wouldn't fall off the seat. The same man (I think) carried Bohdin down the stairs of the bus as we got off. On the way back to the hotel, we didn't make it off the bus fast enough. We were near the back exit and I had a hard time trying to convince Bohdin to walk toward the back of the bus instead of the front. While I was telling Bohdin which way to go the bus started moving again. Some people on the bus told the driver to wait. He stopped the bus again. A lady carried Bohdin off.
Nyla on the bus Monday night
In Times Square Monday night
The giant train table at ToysRUs
The Hudson River with NYC in the background outside the hotel
I was tired of walking when Buddy was done for the day. I didn't feel like going back into NYC. We drove the car 2 miles to a pizza place in Hoboken. (Grimaldi's - I already told Paul but just in case anybody else was wondering) I thought the pizza was really really good. I can't think of a better pizza I've had. Buddy prefers deep dish so he wasn't as wowed as I was.

No comments:
Post a Comment