Monday, March 2, 2009

Weekend Update

We spent Friday at a friend's house. I saw many of my old playgroup friends. While I had a lot fun seeing everybody, Bohdin didn't care about the rest of the kids. He played only with Tyken the whole time. Nyla spent some time with G who was playing doctor.
 

When Nyla gets mad she likes to lay on the floor. She got mad Friday night while she was sitting in my lap. She wanted to get down on the floor so she could lay. She made it safely to the ground but when she layed down she hit the back of her head just above her neck on the chair. Understandably, she cried. I picked her up and she cried in my arms. Then she stopped crying, her body was still and her eyes had a glazed unfocused look. I thought I was going to have to take her to the ER. It was a long few seconds but then she recovered and started crying again. She hits her head so often I don't see how she'll make it past toddlerhood without a brain injury.

Saturday morning I went to the thrift store with Nyla but left Bohdin at Paul's house. I found Tyken there and brought him back. Bohdin and Tyken played together really well for a few hours but after lunch, Bohdin started having problems. He suddenly didn't want to share his toys anymore. Then he got really mad when he couldn't watch his Chicka Chicka Boom Boom video again. Tyken left and Bohdin started feeling better after a while. I think he needed some quiet time. We've been on the go so much. We spent the rest of Saturday playing in the yard.

Sunday was another quiet day. Stevie came over in the afternoon after Nyla took a long much needed nap. We walked down to the Sonic for a drink. On the way back we picked up trash from the wetland area next to the road. Bohdin and I used to do this when we lived here. He still talks about doing it. We made a good dent in the trash. Stevie found a shopping cart from Walgreens. I told him we had to return it. Walking down the road with a shopping basket was a bit embarrassing but we made it and did our good deed for the day.

 
 

Upon returning, Bohdin continued building his rock and soil structure from the previous day. He needs a yard so bad. If nothing else we should get a small pool and fill it with soil and rocks for him to put on the patio.
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How is Nyla today?