Monday, March 16, 2009

Being picky

We have looked at every house available that we might consider. Only one house met all of our needs. Buddy is in love with the idea of waterfront. Bohdin wants "something cool" outside which means a hill or balcony or both to run on. I want something that is not ugly inside and preferably one story. Unfortunately our perfect house had already been rented. People really ought to delete their ads when they are no longer available. So for now we'll wait. We have the luxury of being patient. I don't have high hopes for finding another house like the perfect one. Most of the waterfront homes are either shacks or huge. Large houses are generally not rented for the price we're looking to pay. In reality we'll probably end up near a beach instead of on a beach. Here is what a beach looks like in this area.

 

We took some of our stuff to a storage unit and have been cleaning up in preparation of leaving. I only had a few boxes and Bohdin wanted to pack his things. I had been talking to him about moving all week telling him that all of our stuff would go to a new house. After we dropped of our stuff Bohdin was wondering why we weren't going to live there. I think we can do better than a small storage unit.

Taking a bath the other night I loaded the foam duck with water and squeezed it out, pretending he was peeing. Then I told the duck that he should pee in the potty not the bathtub. Bohdin said if he did that we wouldn't have any more water in the bathtub. Always the practical one. I was driving around post on Friday looking for boxes. I became lost in one of the neighborhoods. I was talking to Bohdin about it and he suggested I use the GPS. Why didn't I think of that? It didn't work because we were too close to the NSA but it was an excellent idea.

When we arrived home I overheard somebody showing a unit in the building next to us. I scooped Nyla up and told Bohdin to follow me. I chased them around the building. When I caught up to them I breathlessly went into a spiel about our unit. It turns out that the lady showing the unit was not a realtor as I had assumed but the owner of the unit. I'm surprised she didn't punch me.

The lady below us had her baby so she will be home for several weeks all day. In the past I would let Bohdin and Nyla be noisy during the day and tried to stop the running and jumping in the evening. Bohdin and Nyla have found quieter ways of playing. The jump on the cushions or the bed often. My kids were not meant to have downstairs neighbors. That's why we're leaving.
 

Bohdin puts his hands in his pants sometimes because he's a guy I guess. Nyla copies him now.
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you find the perfect house, and that it is significantly larger than a storage unit, and I suppose windows would be nice. (Too cute!)

Anonymous said...

not to mention a potty and shower...