My mom sent Bohdin and Nyla some money to pick out a mother's day gift for me. We stopped at the mall in the afternoon so Buddy could take the kids shopping. Buddy says that Bohdin took his task very seriously and went into several different stores trying to find something for me. He eventually settled on cups and plates that can be painted with markers. I thought it was a wonderful gift. On the cup Bohdin painted a dragon with one eye, wings, three legs, a fireball, and a long stream of fire coming from its mouth. He says the plate is also a dragon but I think he was really just scribbling there. That's his preferred method of art. The other side of the cup has four flowers. It was a neat idea for a present. He did perfectly.
On the way back from REI Saturday we stopped at a Honda dealership briefly. I was hesitant to consider a minivan because of the image. Now that I've been in one though I'm sold. They're so roomy and functional. Bohdin's favorite part was the sunshade the car came equipped with and the darker windows. He is always bothered by the sun shining in his eyes. He wears his sunglasses when he remembers. Another option would be to keep my car and get 3 narrow car seats. With the right car seats it should be possible to get three across in the back. I love the fuel efficiency in my car and hate to give that up.
Nyla has a new favorite word and we're not 100% sure what it is. I think she's saying switch and about half the time she says the word, switch would make sense. But then there are the other times. Last night she closed the door and couldn't open it again so she said *itch. Buddy is not convinced that she is saying switch.

4 comments:
What a cool red bike, Bohdin! Looks like fun, and I am happy to see you wearing that neat helmet, too! Someone-who-shall-remain-nameless could take lessons from you.
forget the "other option" mentioned....
Cool bike! Looks like fun :)
I love my mini van, its got so much room, Daniel said when we met that he would never drive a mini van, and would rather have a gas guzzling suv instead. That changed quickly ;)
It is good to see Bohdin riding a bike although I don't remember ever having a helmet as a kid.
Post a Comment