We headed to the Maritime museum in Bath. We started inside but should have started outside. Shipbuilding was an important part of the local economy for a long time. The museum is on the site of an old shipbuilding site. We were able to explore all of the accessory buildings where they cut the logs and mixed the paint and did all sorts of things. There was also a large sculpture showing the scale of the hull of one of the ships built on site. It was pretty cool. The outside closed before the inside and we were kicked out prior to finshing. It was an interesting place.
We headed south again for the night. We stayed in a hotel near the beach we had visited earlier in the week. It's a nice hotel. Buddy and Bohdin swam in the outdoor heated pool and then warmed up in the steam room afterward. Nyla didn't like the water and I didn't have a bathing suit so we stayed inside. This morning we went down to the beach and Buddy built a huge sand and rock castle. We're trying to get ready to go to Boston now so I don't have a lot of time to write. Our next hotel doesn't have free wireless so I may not update again until Tuesday evening when we return.
There is photo proof that I'm here too. I was in charge of the whiny baby.
Buddy was in charge of the building
Bohdin was in charge of the decorating.

1 comment:
Glad you all are having an enjoyable time. We have enjoyed reading about your travels.
I probably would have liked the pineapple lime, but not the cake batter....
Post a Comment