Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Opposite Day

The rain was threatening to fall at any minute but we went to Kinder Farm Park anyway. The last time we went was a year ago. Since Nyla likes animals so much I thought she would enjoy seeing some of the farm animals. The first stop after the playground was the goats. One of the goats had jumped two fences to get at the young tree with delicious leaves. We offered it some of the grass and weeds at our feet. Nyla went first. I'm not sure if I even offerred Bohdin some of the weeds I pulled. He does not like to touch animals. He ended up giving the goat some grass and enjoyed it. He picked everything he could find near us to give to the goat. I finally dragged him away to see the other animals. It turned out that Nyla wasn't very interested in the animals but Bohdin couldn't get enough. Even after a second stop to feed the goats I had to drag him back to the playground. He could have stayed there all day with them. nyla on the other hand kept signing done. She lost interest in those goats pretty fast.

 
 
 
 

I was cleaning the house yesterday afternoon wearing sweats and a tank top. After taking the trash out with Nyla I told Bohdin we would take his bike outside. I didn't bother to change. Bohdin ended up going much further than before. We were near the playground so we stopped despite the fact that I wasn't dressed very nicely. One of the moms there asked if I was pregnant. I was surprised she could tell. I came home and looked in the mirror. She just made a lucky guess. That outfit was so unflattering it made me look pregnant. I'm never wearing those sweats again.

Nyla slept well for the first time last night in longer than I can remember. She didn't wake up the first time until after 3am. She usually wakes up by 10 and wakes up every 10 minutes I think until morning. I wish I knew what was different about yesterday because I sure would like to repeat that more often. As a newborn Nyla was a good sleeper but she's gone way way downhill recently.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

P said...

you can save the sweats for shopping at the dollar store. You don't have to get all dressed up to go there like you would for Wal-Mart or something.