I drove to Bethesda Friday morning to pick up some playmobil toys I found through a craigslist ad. They were selling 3 items one of which was something Bohdin had wanted. It turns out he likes the two that weren't on his list better right now. The drive to Bethesda was longer than expected. It is certainly to far to go for maternity care. It took me over an hour and the hospital was still a little further. Nyla became cranky with the long drive.
Yesterday morning was the community yard sale. I gave each of the kids one dollar and Bohdin also took Nyla's change purse and wore it around his neck. We talked about saving his money if he didn't see anything he really liked. Buddy took the kids while I looked around. At one stall Bohdin payed one dollar for a lap chalkboard which was priced at $3.50. He found some train stuff at another table and managed to buy three trains and a lumber yard priced at $10 for $6. He did a better job negotiating than I did. Well he didn't negotiate as much as say he didn't have enough money. People take pity on a little kid I guess.
Bohdin was excited to see his horse Chocolate Candy race in the derby. I was hoping he would win since we placed some money on him. If we won we would give the money to Bohdin. I didn't like that horse but others did. I chose four horses that I liked which Buddy chose even more and place a large bet through an office pool. Prior to the race we were reading somebody's thoughts on the horses. One horse named Mine That Bird was thought to be mentally challenged by some. He was also ridiculously slow. His 50-1 odds were generous. We laughed at Paul since he placed a $2 bet on the horse to win. That horse decimated the competition and won the race. It was a stunning upset. It turns out that I or many people for that matter can't pick horses. Picking the winner of the Derby is a crapshoot. Next year I'll pick based on jockey. Congratulations to Paul though. Bohdin was upset that Chocolate Candy didn't win but he got over it pretty quickly. Maybe next time.
1 comment:
I don't know why you have such a hard time picking horses.
first pick your favorite number, then your favorite color and finally your favorite horse name. There you have a trifecta as good as any horse handicapper.
Just hope that one horse doesn't have your favorite number, color and name.
Post a Comment