I woke up in a really bad mood Friday morning and unfortunately Bohdin bore the brunt of it. I had breakfast, took a shower, and then got on the computer for something. Bohdin came in with a bowl of cereal for me and a hug. He also made breakfast for Nyla. It was so sweet. He did waste almost an entire box of cereal but it didn't matter.
We went to a LLL meeting Friday morning in the continuing hope to meet a boy Bohdin's age. That didn't work out but I did meet somebody who runs a playgroup in Annapolis. She invited me to join the group. There is nobody Bohdin's age but there are kids Nyla's age and possible friends for me. We'll go to one soon. While we were at the meeting which was in a conference room in the library, Bohdin wandered out to get a video and some books. Sometimes he seems so grown up. Friday morning was one of those days. Of course when he was done checking out his books he came in whining asking when we would go.
Yesterday we were able to check out the birth center near Annapolis. It seems like a good fit. I talked to a midwife and several past patients. It sounds a lot like our experience in Colorado with Nyla. I was a little surprised to learn how far some people travel to deliver a baby there. People drive 2.5 hours from surrounding states. I guess I'm lucky we live pretty close. The hospitals around here are not very friendly so it shouldn't have surprised me too much. People in Colorado may not know how spoiled they are to have so many wonderful options in maternity care. I still haven't switched my insurance plan.
Last night the Preakness was on tv. There is such a huge difference between Louisville prior to the Derby and Baltimore prior to the Preakness. Louisville loves the derby and celebrates it for weeks. Baltimore hardly cares about the Preakness. Bohdin picked horse #1 which was Big Drama. I was rooting for Rachel Alexandra. In a very fun race she barely won. Bohdin cried that he picked the wrong horse again. I didn't place a bet on my horse because there wasn't much of a payout but maybe I should have just for bragging rights. Buddy was one horse away from a winning superfecta. He did win a bit on Musket Man's 3rd place finish.
Buddy left for Maine this morning. I hadn't planned on joining him. I thought we could go out to Texas instead. Bohdin wants to visit Nana. The flights say no so I'm considering Maine again. I spoke with him briefly and he thought I should come but we'll see. It means driving down to DC and renting a car. I can't carry two car seats by myself so at least one car seat would need to be rented. It's all a bit of a hassle. I shouldn't turn down a cheap trip opportunity though. I'm tired now so I'll decide later. Right now Nyla is sleeping and I'm going to join her.
1 comment:
Nana wanted Bohdin to visit, too....
Post a Comment