Saturday, May 9, 2009

Sweaty

The sun has finally returned but Bohdin doesn't like it. When we go outside, Bohdin says "It's too hot. I'm sweaty.". It's in the upper 70s and humid. He is really going to suffer when summer rolls along. He says he likes it medium which to him is about the temperature of an air conditioned building. Despite the oppressive heat we went outside for a little while. Caterpillar season is upon us and we found lots and lots of caterpillars. Nyla did not try to pick one up. In the past she has picked up a worm and earlier in the week she caught a frog. She was very excited to catch the frog after many tries. It was a pretty cool achievment. That frog jumped pretty fast.

Bohdin is excited to watch our plants grow. Our peas and squash are coming up nicely. Here is Bohdin a few days ago pointing to the seedlings.
 

We came home Thursday afternoon and saw a lady with her dog near our building. We went to go look at the dog and I fell in conversation with her. Bohdin and Nyla ran off to play with her 6 year old daughter nearby. They seemed to click really well for some reason. Bohdin was trying to race her and tell her all sorts of things. He asked her if she wanted to see his stick collection but she declined. It's weird how every once in a while he'll find somebody and talk their ear off. Other times he won't even look at them.

Somebody made a comment that Nyla always looks so happy in the pictures. That's a result of selective picture posting. In reality she cries a lot. She is quite expressive and when things don't go her way she cries. Things don't go her way often. Here she is mad after I told her she can't pull the seedlings up.
 

I don't remember what caused this crying incident. It could have been anything. Nyla cries at least a dozen times per day.
 

Every once in a while there is tandem crying. Nyla was standing on the chair looking out the window and was interfering with Bohdin's ability to do the splits on the chair. Bohdin was interfering with Nyla's ability to look out the window n peace. I like the picture better without the explanation but I know somebody will ask.
 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love this post. I particularly love the second pic of Nyla, where her hand is up and she is in profile. She looks like she's crying for all humanity. Your kids are gorgeous even when they're crying!

Primal Mama said...

I agree with E. :)

I recall recently when you were here and I said "no-no" to Nyla, I don't even remember what it was, I think something to do with poking the dog? Anyway her heartbreaking cry made me feel SOO bad!

Thank you for all your comments on my blog, they really do make my day :)

The Watts Family said...

I feel horrible that I have tears of laughter over the last photo of the two crying together.

Coree said...

I actually looked for the crying pictures again (especially the last one with both crying). Does that make me a bad person?