Sunday, May 31, 2009

Boring

I've just been recuperating from vacation and running errands the past few days. I visit several grocery stores so it takes a while to restock the refrigerator. It's been a lot of mundane things around here recently.

The birds killed two pea plants and damaged the squash and tomato plants while we were gone. Buddy thinks they were trying to get the string I used for the peas. I took that string down and replaced it with fishing line. The lettuce is growing nicely and Bohdin loves picking it. Here he is eating a piece. We'll have to plant more in the next few days because he is eating it faster than it is growing.
 

Nyla was being silly one day and brought her dolls to the bedroom, set them on the floor and then lied down between them. Don't mind the carpet. I ran out of vacuum bags unexpectedly and the carpet was a mess.
 

On Thursday I installed a computer game we had picked up at the thrift store back in February when we were in Colorado. It was a Clifford reading game. I was surprised when he completed the game in two days. I didn't know he could read. He doesn't either but I watched him play those games and he had to match words to pictures, find the correct word quickly in a group of three, and some other things. He did it fine. He won all of the prizes in the game and that was it. Since he was bored with it after he won he played with some colored water yesterday doing "science". He started with four cups of colored water and had lots of fun creating different colors. He accidently colored his hair while working. He is now freezing all of the little cups to make colored ice cubes. The last batch is in the freezer right now so we'll have to think of something new soon.
 
 

We've also been doing some rearranging. Since a move is no longer imminent we are bringing back the stuff that was in storage. Bohdin was excited to see his toys again. He is also very happy to go to the storage shed and help. He really loves that place.

There was one funny thing. Bohdin was upset one night just before bed. He had hit his head on the corner of the metal bed frame. He still needed to brush his teeth and I told him I would be fast and get it done by the time I counted to 30. He asked me if I would count by tens.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the grasshoppers are getting my lettuce....

Helen said...

You need chickens.