Monday, June 1, 2009

How I'm doing

The reason I started this blog is to have a recording of our lives to look back when the kids are grown. I published last year's blog in a book although only my mom has a copy so far. Because of this I tend not to mention too much negative stuff since that is usually not the stuff I want to remember. I haven't posted much recently because there was a lot of negative stuff. While I'm having a really easy time physically with this pregnancy I'm having a really tough time emotionally. I told some of my Colorado friends and the support was so helpful. I don't want to go into too much detail because it just makes me cry. I guess I don't want to go into any detail at all right now. That's what's going on. Physically I feel great. I've gained five pounds already which sort of sucks but is also within my goal weight of 40 pounds. I lost 45 pounds nursing Bohdin and Nyla as newborns and expect the same this time. I gained 50 pounds with Nyla and held onto 5 more pounds than I would have liked. I gain weigh when I exercise (I realize that is uncommon and odd but it is very much true). I might start exercising now since it won't matter that I go up a size. My friend has been chronicling her progress through the couch to 5K program and it is so inspirational. I may do the same.

Nyla is getting older and saying so much more. She doesn't enunciate really well which I think is common. She does however understand a lot of what Bohdin wants her to do. She and Bohdin have been playing together a lot more recently. She is able to follow his directions finally so he has more fun with her. It's generally nice for me since they occupy so much of each other's time but there is a price to pay. There is also bickering. That can be so annoying especially in the car. I know it's part of having a sibling. I just wish they would fight in a different room.

When we were rearranging this weekend we pulled out some old baby toys. Apparently one is never too old for the baby stuff. Nyla loved laying on this seat that strained under her weight and height. She looks so different than she did as a brown haired baby.
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: