We were in the car yesterday and Nyla saw a school bus. "Bu bus! Bu bus!". Here was the ensuing conversation:
Bohdin: What is Nyla saying?
me: She's saying school bus. She's doing the best she can.
Bohdin excitedly: She's sooo close. She has the bus sound. Now all she needs is the school sound.
We went to story time at Whole Foods yesterday. Bohdin was one of the oldest children there and participated a lot. He loves story times. We attended a new playgroup on Monday and Bohdin is the oldest child in the playgroup by 1.5 years. Four year olds don't exist out here. Well I suppose they do but they are in all day preschool followed by dance and soccer. Unfortunately not at story time and playgrounds.
It was warm yesterday and we headed to the pool. The kids had already been one time with Buddy on Sunday. Nyla did really well in the pool compared to last year. She was able to walk around by herself. I was so pleased to see how well she was doing. I was sitting on the edge of the pool with Bohdin while Nyla was a few feet away. I turned my head to answer Bohdin's question. One of the parents made a sound and I turned to look at Nyla. She was completely underwater and flailing about. I quickly took the few steps and scooped Nyla up. She was okay. I didn't have to do anything for her but it was pretty scary. She went right back in the pool afterward. My guess is that she bent down to touch something and became flustered. There was a boy there doing flips under water so she may just have trying to imitate him also. She copies Bohdin blowing bubbles in the water or tries to anyway. Either way I'm glad she's okay and hope she doesn't do whatever it was she was doing again.
I probably wont' be updating the blog very much for a while. I'll do what I can but I don't know how much that will be.
2 comments:
do kids just naturally hold their breath when they get in the water? Does Bohdin know how to swim yet?
I will miss the blog, but do understand when one needs a break, a break is needed!
Post a Comment