After I went to my general practitioner on Friday we stopped at the commissary. Nyla has been loving corn on the cob this summer so Bohdin and I tried to find a few good ears together. After we had found a few Bohdin asked if he had done a good job finding corn that wasn't too moldy. You know you're shopping at the commissary when one can be excited about that.
Bohdin was busy cutting out pictures in the newspaper yesterday and gluing them. Buddy had to go to the race track to place bets on the Belmont for people at work. Nyla was tired and I thought she might need a nap despite the time so I was in the bedroom with her. Bohdin was in the living room working on his cutting. Buddy left and I thought all was fine. Soon I heard loud voices in the hallway. I knew the front door was open. I went to investigate and sure enough the door was open. Bohdin was also nowhere in sight. I walked downstairs and called out Bohdin's name. The door to the building locks but Bohdin knows to put a newspaper there so he can get back in. The door wasn't propped open. I left it open for him just in case. I came back upstairs to grab the phone and ask if he was with Buddy. He wasn't. Nyla was naked so I quickly gave her some pants and we went back outside to look for Bohdin. Before calling the cops I was going to take a quick look around. As I stepped outside I saw Bohdin coming down the sidewalk with a man and a police officer. The cop told me that Bohdin was found about to cross the busy intersection. I actually wasn't too worried about that because every time we go outside I have him tell me when it is safe to cross. He's never wrong. Eventually I got the story out of him. Buddy, Bohdin, and Nyla had gone to the grocery store nearby earlier. They were going to buy donuts but Buddy didn't have his wallet. When Buddy left, Bohdin thought he was going back for the donuts and was going to walk to the store to catch up with him. Bohdin had been playing so quietly when Buddy left that he didn't tell Bohdin anything. I had a talk with Bohdin about going to the store by himself. He didn't understand why he couldn't do it but he did agree to not do it until he is older. He is perfectly capable of walking to the store by himself but I don't think it's a good idea. There was an attempted abduction about a mile from here last week. I didn't tell Bohdin about that.
In one of the storage boxes were most of Bohdin's books. I pulled out a kindergarten workbook and he finished the whole thing in two days in under one hour. He kept saying it was so easy. It was easy for him. The first grade workbook involves a lot of writing which he can't do yet. I decided to go ahead and start educating him. Pretty much everything he has learned to this point is from his observing the world around him and figuring things out. It might be time to actually teach him things. I ordered a spelling curriculum and I'll do the same for math and science. We'll wait on history until he's older. I'll probably also find something for handwriting. He wanted to write some new signs on Friday so he's closer to writing now than he was a couple of months ago. I don't know how well this will go. Bohdin does not like to be challenged and he might be with the spelling. We'll see how it goes. I don't know how much time we'll devote to schooling every week.
Nyla multitasking on the potty. Who says you can't eat in the bathroom?
Bohdin and Nyla washing windows. Luckily it is just water in the bottle because Nyla squirted him in the eye. I'm not sure the windows are any cleaner but it did occupy them for at least 15 minutes.

1 comment:
I am glad you are feeling better.
Post a Comment