Saturday, June 27, 2009

Flavor

Bohdin and sometimes Nyla eat what we call second dinner. Before bed they become ravenous beasts who act like they haven't eaten in days. Last night Bohdin wanted tea and soup. With the hot water I just added a concentrated chicken broth, chopped up leftovers from the dinner he didn't finish and a splash of cream. I tasted it and the soup was fine but not great. He ate the whole bowl and I had to make some for Nyla also. This morning he told me that he had wanted the other soup last night. "You know. The one with the flavor."

Nyla's vocabulary has been improving. Yesterday she said fish and mess. Bohdin is usually the most excited about her progress. This morning Bohdin grabbed a peanut butter and jelly sandwich from the refrigerator. Nyla wanted something to eat so I asked her if she wanted a sandwich. "Bam bich" was her reply. Bohdin heard her and told me that bam bich means yes. I don't know why I burst his excitement bubble by telling him she was probably saying sandwich.

 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When did Bohdin meet the hobbits?

Helen said...

I have no idea what that means.

Anonymous said...

the hobbits have breakfast, 2nd breakfast, elevensies, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and supper...

Helen said...

That totally describes how they eat.