Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Getting older

I'm falling behind on posting. I guess it's been a little crazy around here with Nyla's naps. Yesterday she only slept about 20 minutes in the car. Bohdin had a nice long nap and was the last one to go to sleep last night.

Saturday, Buddy took the kids to yard sales. Nyla got a new doll which she loves. I'll make her some doll clothes for her birthday I think. Bohdin, or really Buddy, got a new tv. Bohdin missed the tv a lot less than I thought he would. Buddy and I missed it more. I missed it because Bohdin watches tv quietly while Nyla is napping and without the tv he was constantly bothering me. I like that time to recharge. Buddy missed the tv because he watches it at night. Bohdin did ask to have the tv repaired one time. I explained that the repair man would cost more than buying a new to us tv. Bohdin said he didn't want to use his money to buy a tv and asked if he could use my money. I never told him he would have to use his own money but it is a pretty good idea.

Yesterday we went to a playgroup at somebody's house. The same two women whom I had met before were there and nobody else. Bohdin was the oldest child by over a year. He was hot and bored but mostly hot and asked to go too many times. Nyla liked it because there was a swingset in the backyard and everybody took turns swinging her for about an hour. I cut her off or she would have stayed in there all day. Bohdin was incredibly patient and kind with the younger kids until the end when he started crying when a two year tried to play cars with him. Bohdin wanted to play alone and this kid was just being friendly.

Today N- came over here. He hasn't been here in a long time and for good reason. They don't play well together indoors. They mostly just go off in opposite directions and sort of do their own thing. Today was completely different. At one point Bohdin went in his room with N- and closed the door. They were lining dimes up on the rug. They played together really well. I'm so glad that N- is working out now because Bohdin needs a friend. We'll be seeing a lot more of him this summer since it's going so so well.

Nyla finally has the ability to fall back asleep herself if she wakes up during her nap. She must be the oldest baby ever to achieve this. It's not 100% but if she can do it once then there is hope for her to do it again. I also forgot to mention that Nyla stays dry through the night now. I can't remember the last time she had a wet diaper in the middle of the night. Nyla also climbed up her first big slide this weekend. She refuses help going down the stairs but I've mostly convinced her to at least hold on to the rail to avoid giving me a heart attack. Nyla loves corn and can eat an ear per day. I think it helps with the pooping because lately she just poops in the potty without the drama. Sometimes there is a 3-4 hour lead up of whining about needing to poop before actually pooping.

2 comments:

P said...

what happened to the tv?

Helen said...

It just stopped working one day. Buddy found a larger size of the exact same model at a yard sale.