Sunday, June 14, 2009

Cavity free

Bohdin had a dentist appt Thursday morning to take care of two cavities. A new one had developed between the two appts so they took care of all three. That meant that Bohdin needed three shots and almost his entire mouth was numb. He did really well throughout the appt. They put a topical anesthetic on before the numbing shot and he handled that fine. That's always my least favorite part but they don't give me the extra anesthetic first. The hardest part of the appointment for him was choosing which toy to take home. He has been battling a giant case of indecisiveness lately. He actually broke down in tears because there were too many choices. I chose for him and told him I would show him at home. Bohdin didn't like the way his mouth felt when he came home. That much numbness is not pleasant for anyone. It's good that his teeth are great again. Now we need to focus on Nyla. I know she wouldn't sit in the chair so nicely. Her top front teeth are looking worse and worse.

Bohdin has been fixated on words with multiple meanings recently. Every time he thinks of one he points it out. "Cool can mean cold or it can mean neat." We've been slowly making our way through the phenomes for Bohdin's spelling because of me not him. Some days I just never get around to pulling a new letter out for him. This morning I pulled all of the letters he knew out and we went over those. Nyla was standing next to him and tried each one herself. She was always wrong but corrected herself when Bohdin said the right one.

Bohdin doing a dance.
 

Nyla and Buddy reading. Nyla loves to be read to except if it's a book that Bohdin picked out. Then she pouts and whines until it is time to read her choice.
 

Sitting in their pillow house.
 

The other night Bohdin wanted to get something from the other room but it was already dark. Bohdin doesn't like the dark or the quiet so he wouldn't go alone. I told him to take Nyla with him. He grabbed her hand and together they walked across the dark house. Sisters have many uses.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: