Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Underwhelmed

I had my first midwife appt and was pretty underwhelmed by the experience. I have had a lot of recommendations that they are the best around. That makes me feel sorry for the people of this area because they suck. I can only imagine how bad the rest are. I came out of the appointment feeling ignored and not respected. I don't know what I'll do about it yet. I was given a referral for a dating ultrasound because I didn't appear to be as far along as the dates would indicate. I'm not surprised and should have just lied about the dates to begin with. I told her that I thought I ovulated late but she didn't care what I had to say. I called for an appt and was able to get one quickly. Then I was given the instructions and Bohdin and Nyla can't come. Buddy gets off work early on Wednesdays but they were booked up the rest of the month for Wednesday afternoon. I don't really care. I can get a 20 week one and find the date then. It was pretty spot on for Bohdin and Nyla. The midwife didn't believe me but whatever. I guess it matters a little because they will do testing once I pass 40 weeks which I will if they just go by my last menstrual period. It's a bit of a mess. Bohdin didn't understand why kids couldn't go to the ultrasound. He asked why they don't like kids.

Bohdin has been having trouble going to sleep lately. He complains of being tired during the day but can't go to sleep at night. We finally turned the AC on so now we can get the black out curtains and hopefully that will help. The next idea would be a nap. The closest Walmart is rearranging and the curtains were unavailable today. I'll just keep the blankets I have up right now for a little while longer.

When we passed the lobster display at the commissary this morning, Nyla pointed and roared. It reminded me of Maine.

Yesterday after getting out of the car Bohdin was red and sweaty. He always comments about hating summer and wishing it would snow. He was giving me examples of how the body cools itself. Only sweating was correct. Perhaps drinking a cold glass of water could be considered radiation. Today in the car Bohdin was spitting which is annoying and something he is not allowed to do in the car. I told him to stop and he told me was spitting in his hand and then rubbing it on himself so he could cool off. The poor kid gets so miserable when he is hot. Of course Nyla had to copy him so when I took her out of her seat she was rubbing spit onto her cheek.

1 comment:

P said...

Tell Bohdin I know how it feels I can't sleep if it is too hot and just end up tossing and turning all night. I usually turn on the AC when it hits 80 during the day.