We went to playgroup yesterday. As I was standing in a patch of clover talking to the other two moms Bohdin bent down and picked one up. I took it from him. He bends down again and says "This one has four leaves." He found a four leaf clover like it's the easiest thing in the world. When I told Buddy about it later it turns out they had talked about clover about two weeks ago and Bohdin has been nonchalantly looking for one since then. Neither Buddy nor I have ever found one before. I think Bohdin is lucky.
He's not just lucky finding clover, he's also lucky at games. We play several games with him and he always wins. It's not that we're not trying. We try to win but we don't screw Bohdin to do it. We would probably win then but he's not ready for cutthroat play. It kind of sucks that he expects to win now and if it's not as easy as usual he doesn't like it. Today at Trader Joes they were doing a giveaway. Five people were able to pick a number. The person closest won a free item. I asked Bohdin for a number but he was taking too long to decide so I just chose. After the employee moved on I asked Bohdin if he wanted to change the number. He did but I couldn't change it in time. If I had been able to change the number Bohdin would have won cookies.
There has just been one thing that happened that was not lucky. Well two. One is that his tv doesn't work anymore. He hasn't minded yet though. The second thing is his biking accident last night. He skinned both knees and a hand. It wasn't too bad physically but it will probably shake his confidence for a long time.
Last night Nyla figured out how to blow spit bubbles. She is really really good and it was hilarious to watch.
We went to Whole Foods today for story time. Everybody seemed so restless. Nyla was running on the long bench and the other kids were really fidgety. By the end, Bohdin sat alone on the carpet listening to the end of the last story. The 15 or so kids that had been there earlier just spread out talking and standing.
I had another midwife appt today and this midwife was a million times nicer. They are still having trouble dating the pregnancy so I will need to sneak the kids into the ultrasound appt somehow.
No comments:
Post a Comment