Sunday, July 19, 2009

Getting ready

Friday morning Bohdin decided he wanted to get Nyla a birthday present. He brought out his change purse and we emptied it out. There was just over $11 in there. He routinely takes the change from around the house so calling it his is a bit of a stretch. The sentiment was nice though. He chose to get her the Playmobil gold mine which he has really been wanting. I explained to him that it would be Nyla's toy. He asked her if she would share it and she nodded yes. Good enough for him. He didn't have enough money so I kicked in the rest. He can't wait for it to arrive. He even told me he had a dream last night that he had it. In addition to ordering the gold mine I ordered Bohdin a few people that come with gold and a new cannon ball. I owe him presents and a party that we have been putting off. I told him he could have a party after he weans and he did but here it is weeks later and still no party. Bohdin has some Playmobil gold which he loves. Gold is his favorite right now. The other day he set up a cardboard box and pretended it was a gold mine. Some glass stones were the gold.

When I was ordering the presents I used some old gift cards. I kept going and used a Barnes and Noble gift card. I became sidetracked into curriculum books for Bohdin so have been busy all weekend getting his curriculum set. I was able to order it all. In addition to the spelling he is doing which encompasses phonics and reading of course he will be doing handwriting and math. We'll probably throw in some science and art. I also have a book coming from the library that covers language, geography, history by using books we read. I may add that also but I feel like we already have so much. We'll see how much Bohdin is up to. Our spelling lessons generally take about 10 minutes so if we alternate days he shouldn't too overwhelmed.

I was laying in bed with Bohdin the other night. I was using a small light to read and he was holding a small light as well. The back of the book was facing Bohdin. He said something but I didn't understand what he was saying so he repeated it. I turned over the back of the book and he pointed while saying "In. The. New. In. And. Water. An" He read the last word of each sentence going up the back of the book.

Nana sent presents that arrived on Friday. For some reason the company sent them in two separate boxes with one being slightly larger. Bohdin said the larger box was his so he opened the orange bilibo. Nyla opened the pink one. At first Bohdin was upset. I think he might have been expecting the gold mine we had ordered earlier in the day. I showed him all of the fun things he could do with it. Through the whining, realization hit him and he decided it was fun. Since Bohdin played with it, Nyla did also. She can't do much beyond sit in it though. She wishes she could spin herself like Bohdin. She can spin her baby in it though.

 
 

I would take more pictures but Nyla is nude most of the time. She was distracted by the packages when we walked in the door so didn't strip immediately.
 

I had put away some of Bohdin's playmobil toys and we brought them back out yesterday. Bohdin and Nyla both wanted to go through them at the same time which was difficult. It was made more difficult by Nyla's sour mood. Bohdin found the cannon and cannonball and wanted to play with it. Nyla saw it and wanted to play with it also. She started crying and I told her she would have to wait for her turn. I sat there with no sympathy but Bohdin went up to Nyla and gave it to her. "Since you are so sad you can have one turn." Nyla wasn't giving it up so easy so over and over Bohdin gave Nyla another turn or five turns.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: