Buddy sent me a list of ROTC positions on Friday and we went through the list together to make a definitely no and maybe groups. The one that immediately stood out to both of us was in San Diego. It sounds fun and different. One of the other colleges on the maybe list was in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. For some reason I have always wanted to live in an area like that. Since this is just a year assignment only one winter would be experienced. When I asked Bohdin if he would like to live somewhere that is sunny, not too hot or cold and near the beach but it never snows he couldn't say no fast enough. No snow is an absolute deal breaker for him. When I asked him if he wanted to live somewhere that has a long winter with lots of snow but a short summer he said yes. So we know his choice. It would be sort of cruel to choose a place again that had no snow. I don't know if we'll end up in any of the places on the list but when the time comes if we can move from here to a place with snow we would have a happier little boy.
Buddy bought a cheap sprinkler thing from the store and set it up outside. The kids had a blast running around and getting wet. We did it again this morning but now it's in pieces. I'll check later if it's fixable.
A few weeks ago I went to the fabric store looking for a lace for this fabric. I thought a nice lace ruffle or something would be nice. I asked Bohdin's opinion of all the different ones I liked but he found one that he liked even better. A hot pink thing. That was the best of his suggestions which included almost every shiny and guady trim available. I decided to go with it and made belt for the dress. I had already shot down his numerous ugly button suggestions. It does change the look of the dress. Nyla didn't mind the belt especially since it was so loose and I kind of like it too.
1 comment:
ROTC???
Post a Comment