A new neighbor moved in a few months ago and they have a 12 month old baby. Nyla loves dogs and babies as Bohdin is always telling people. Bodhin knocked on their door Monday morning to ask if the baby could come play. He's been over a few times. They popped over for a bit and then Bohdin wanted to go downstairs to play with the water thing again. I asked the neighbor if she wanted to join us. She agreed then went to her place to get a bathing suit or something. The door was locked. She had nothing with her not even shoes. It took lots and lots of trying but eventually I was able to open it with a credit card. I turned around excitedly to celebrate only to hear a click behind me. Their door closes automatically while ours has to be pushed hard to close. I tried and tried again and was able to open the door once more. The best part of the day for Nyla was when the baby touched her. Yesterday when we were going to take the sprinkler thing outside again Nyla signed baby. She wanted the baby to come join us again. She knocked on their door and I asked if the baby could play.
When Buddy goes to work he usually gets a hug from the kids unless he's running late and doesn't have time. The other day Bohdin gave him a hug then ran to me and gave me a hug. He said "I gave you a longer hug since you like me so much.".
Nyla has been saying something for the past two days that sounds like shit cow. I have no idea what she is trying to say but the first time she said it when she wasn't very pleased so we thought it was quite funny. She said it again yesterday when she was playing quietly with her babies.
Bohdin and Nyla woke up on the wrong side of the bed yesterday.
Bohdin made progress over the weekend on his spelling. He's on step two now but stuck on splitting sounds in two letter words that begin with vowels. He has no problem with the words that begin in consonants. We're taking it at a glacial pace right now. If I remember over the course of a day I'll demostrate a few words.
No comments:
Post a Comment