We were going to find out in July if Buddy gets promoted and whether we're staying here longer. The promotion list came out and Buddy will get promoted right away. This a really cool achievement since it is merit based promotion and he was promoted on the earlier side. He's still trying to get used to his new title. Buddy thought it was like changing your first name.
I took Bohdin and Nyla on a longish bike ride the other evening. There is a nice flat trail near the house I thought Bohdin would enjoy. It was a little difficult getting there since the sidewalk is very uneven. Bohdin walked his bike part of the way. Once we were on the trail he did wonderful. The problems came after we exited. We were further from the house than I thought we would be. The sidewalk was bumpy and slanted. Bohdin fell and his knee started bleeding. There was nothing to do but keep going. I pushed both bikes a few minutes before he got back on. Soon after he was crossing the street and one of his back wheels hit the curb and off he toppled again. This time his hand was scraped up. He was done. He was crying and tired and just done. After a few minutes of sitting in my lap listening to me sing he felt better. Nyla and Bohdin walked while I pushed both bikes. That was kind of hard. Eventually I had to ask Bohdin to push his own bike. Then I convinced him to ride just to the next street. It took 40 minutes to get back home from the time of the last fall. Next time I will ditch Nyla because she just wanted to walk and load our bikes in the truck so we can drive to a trail. Bohdin said he had a lot of fun on the trail. Next time we'll try to bypass the crappy parts.
3 comments:
Woohoo!! Yea!!! Yipeee!!! Bravo! Bravo!! WAY TO GO, BUDDY!!!! (Clap, clap, whistle, whistle)
Congratulation! So, what rank is Budrow now?
Major Bright!
Post a Comment