I took Bohdin to the musket demonstration. One of the weapons was taller than me. Bohdin was able to hold two of them and the ball they used. He asked me about it and I told him that at high speeds the ball could make a hole in your body. I didn't want to get too graphic since the night before he started crying when we were reading an anatomy book. He wanted to know what would happen if the retina died. He was very upset when I told him a person wouldn't be able to see anymore. That was in my mind when I was trying to explain why they were used. I was really vague with my response but he said "like if somebody wanted you dead". Apparently that is not as sad as being blind.
Monday, July 27, 2009
Harper's Ferry
We decided to take Nana up to Harper's Ferry. It's relatively close and pretty neat. We enjoyed our visit there last year. The area was just as buggy as before which is unfortunate. It's harder to enjoy the beauty and history of the area when tiny gnats are flying into eyes, noses, and mouths. Nevertheless we played a little on the banks of the river, watched the short historic movie of the area, and saw some of the buildings. Bohdin said his favorite part was exploring. By that he meant the outside part because every second inside the provost office or general store was a wasted lifetime for him. Bohdin managed to bring some shells, rocks, leaves, and a small flag home. I liked the provost office since there was somebody there to explain it.
I took Bohdin to the musket demonstration. One of the weapons was taller than me. Bohdin was able to hold two of them and the ball they used. He asked me about it and I told him that at high speeds the ball could make a hole in your body. I didn't want to get too graphic since the night before he started crying when we were reading an anatomy book. He wanted to know what would happen if the retina died. He was very upset when I told him a person wouldn't be able to see anymore. That was in my mind when I was trying to explain why they were used. I was really vague with my response but he said "like if somebody wanted you dead". Apparently that is not as sad as being blind.
I took Bohdin to the musket demonstration. One of the weapons was taller than me. Bohdin was able to hold two of them and the ball they used. He asked me about it and I told him that at high speeds the ball could make a hole in your body. I didn't want to get too graphic since the night before he started crying when we were reading an anatomy book. He wanted to know what would happen if the retina died. He was very upset when I told him a person wouldn't be able to see anymore. That was in my mind when I was trying to explain why they were used. I was really vague with my response but he said "like if somebody wanted you dead". Apparently that is not as sad as being blind.

No comments:
Post a Comment