Bohdin't tooth looks like it could fall out with the gentlest of nudges. I predicted it would fall out on Saturday but it is still hanging in there. Once again Bohdin's patience for letting it come out naturally without even loosening it with his tongue is astronomical.
It took some time but Bohdin's costume is finished and Nyla's is nearly done. I'm actually not quite sure what her costume is. She chose the fabric with something in mind. I've already forgotten. Then when I was looking at ideas for how to make it Nyla saw tons of costumes she liked. At one point she wanted to be a dog dressed as a lobster. She is most likely an insect or princess but this morning she used her costume to be a frog. We went to the zoo last night for their Halloween event. It was the last free night for members so I had to work hard to get those costumes done in time. We walked the length of the zoo among thousands of other people. There were stands giving out candy, costumed characters available for picture taking, and decorations. Bohdin and Nyla enjoyed it and want to go again next year. Maybe I can get Buddy to take them next year. It just felt like a long walk to me shoulder to shoulder with tons of people. I let them choose one piece of candy to eat that night. Nyla chose right away and ate it quickly. Bohdin took much longer to decide then waited a while to open it. He chose fun dips which neither child had tried before. As soon as Nyla saw what Bohdin had she wanted that one also. I reminded her that she already ate her choice of m&ms. She argued that she hadn't liked them and had just thrown them on the floor instead. She told me she had left one in the package because it wasn't good. When I asked about the others she said "them were good".
I almost forgot some stuff from last week. It's a good thing I wrote them down. Bohdin came out with a long plastic plumbing pipe and started to go to the basement. I asked him what he was going to do. He told me I probably didn't want to know. I thought for a moment and told him not to destroy anything. He said maybe he should use something else instead and put it back.
I was playing Playmobil with Bohdin and Nyla but they wanted to do different things. Bohdin had a knight and Nyla had given me one of the kids so my kid and her kid could go to the beach together. Bohdin's knight comes over to my kid and says "Excuse me. I think you went back in time. You're somewhere between ancient times and modern times.". I tried to convince the knight that he had come to the future to no avail. The knight took me to the castle to prove his point. I told him castles still existed in the future. Bohdin said "Castles turned into fancy palaces instead of castles as time went on.". I let the debate end at that point.
Bohdin and Nyla have very different interactions with Cora and very different responses to her crying. If she starts crying or fussing around Bohdin he feels that it is his fault and gets sad. Nyla on the other hand will just skip toward me and announce happily that Cora needs me. Nyla plays with Cora a lot. She includes Cora in her tea parties. Yesterday with Cora laying on a blanket Nyla pretended that it was a boat and she and Cora were going somewhere together. This morning I had Cora on the rug while I was cleaning up. Nyla was alternating playing with her and near her. At one point she hit Cora on the head accidentally I think. Cora started crying and I went over. Nyla leaned over Cora and asked what was wrong. Cora made a little squealing sound. Nyla said in a very sweet innocent voice "Oh. Was it because I hit you? I'm sorry."

1 comment:
The "you probably don't want to know" thing is probably the greatest Bohdin story that doesn't involve him talking about his boy parts :)
Post a Comment