On Friday Bohdin started soccer practice. He was initially going to play with Gavin but he is attending preschool now. Bohdin still wanted to do it even though he wouldn't have his friend there. We put him in the 4-5 year old class instead of the 5-6 year old class. Bohdin only cried once. The kids were in a line and had to kick a cone down. When Bohdin went to retrieve his ball another child beat him to it. Bohdin was devastated that the kid took his ball. I gave Bohdin a quick hug and made him get back out there even though he didn't want to. By the end of the class he was loving soccer practice and is looking forward to next week.
We are in a drought right now so the timing was perfect for visiting Falls of the Ohio which is a geological site just over the river. You can't take a step there without stepping on a fossil. The kids had a lot of fun running around on all of the rocks. There were so many fossils it was actually hard to appreciate.
Yesterday I took a much needed break from the older kids. I've been really busy with them the past several Sundays. We went to the zoo last weekend, the science museum the week before, and three Sundays ago we were in Arkansas. It was nice to not talk to kids for several hours. It's probably good for the kids as well. Maybe not. Nyla said she didn't play with daddy. She just watched tv and played computer. Bohdin said he played by himself because daddy was too busy playing computer and watching football. I suppose I should get off the computer myself and play with him. Right now he's reading a book to Nyla and Cora.

No comments:
Post a Comment