Bohdin had soccer practice again on Friday. It went okay. He cried twice. Once when he had trouble doing a side shuffle and another time when he fell and scraped his knee a little. He's still enjoying it though. It didn't make sense to drive all the home and then back out again for Bohdin's science class so we stopped at the bookstore. I picked up a copy of the Ames Institute book about six year olds. I briefly looked at it before putting it back on the shelf in horror. Bohdin is already exhibiting some of the behavior mentioned in the book. He is bouncing off the walls. He does laps through the house in between bites of food. He has a lot of trouble sitting still right now. He's becoming more adventurous and willing to try new things. The book says that six year old children are very indecisive. They want two opposite things at the same time and have trouble deciding. Bohdin has been at this stage forever. He has always seemed painfully indecisive. I can't imagine it getting worse. Maybe I'll be brave enough to read more next time I go to the bookstore.
I have the copy of the three year old version. I don't think Nyla is that bad as a three year old. I'm not sure how much of that is because she was such a trying one year old that I'm just used to her being difficult. On a positive note, Nyla has learned how to buckle herself up in her carseat. She has been able to do most of it for several months but one of the bottom clips challenged her. Now she can finally do it consistently.
Cora has been exhausted the past two Thursdays. The first one she went to sleep around 11 and didn't wake up again fully until 5:30. She would wake up briefly to eat but then would fall directly back asleep. This past Thursday she fell asleep about 5:40 and didn't wake up again besides eating and peeing until almost 8 the next morning. I slept horribly that night because I was so worried that she would wake up in the middle of the night and be done sleeping.

2 comments:
ya'll look cold....
we went and strolled through the downtown trunk or treating last night...saw a lot of Texas Rangers
DId Nyla ever decide what she was? Whatever it was she looks cute. I am so glad Bohdin is pretty much enjoying soccer..wish Gavin was doing it with him.
Post a Comment